with Katie Sutherland (Pearl and the Puppets), Eddie Argos (Art Brut) and comedian Mark Steele
1. Pete and the Pirates - 'Winter 1' - I don't really remember what this band used to sound like, but I defo don't remember them sounding so...'80s? the chugging along is annoying.
2. Asian Dub Foundation - 'A History of Now' - oh. my. god. WHY. (I think in this case these are Indians, not Asians in the American sense...)
3. Band of Horses - 'Dilly' - this is more pop than I remember them being. I like. I like whimsical!
4. Reverend Soundsystem - 'Wife Her Up' - this is just. weird. McClure, stick with what you're best at, please.
5. Mogwai - 'Mexican Grand Prix' - the winner - the synths are up too high. hello. where are the guitars?
6. Fixers - 'Iron Deer Dream' - first off, the vocals are grating. ugh. NEXT.
7. Anna Calvi's debut album - everyone else is going crazy over this. I'm not excited. what's wrong with me?