14 April 2011

this week's Roundtable (14/04)

Josie Long, Steve Mason, and Sean Forbes of Rough Trade join Lammo

1. Arctic Monkeys - 'Don't Sit Down 'Cause I Moved Your Chair' - I categorically love it, compared to their regular fluff. review on TGTF here

2. Let's Wrestle - 'In Dreams, pt. 2' (currently in Rebel Playlist brawl with Art Brut's 'Lost Weekend' and Frankie and the Heartstrings's 'That Postcard' this week) - all right. wouldn't mind seeing them live.

3. Beastie Boys - 'Make Some Noise' - glad to see them back. good stuff.

4. Rozi Plains - 'Humans' - ok. but what makes it stand out?

5. Art Brut - 'Lost Weekend' - I like the whispering, nice touch. and as usual, great lyrics. (I guess I should point out that Eddie Argos is a friend so I'm biased!)

6. D. Veloped - 'Bring Em Home' - this is ok, but the whistling is kind of annoying.

7. new TV on the Radio including 'Will Do' and 'Repetition' - pretty good but not something I'd go out and buy.

I've listened to the end of this show 3 times and there is NO winner announced. that's odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment