22 April 2010

Yoko Ono

admittedly, I've been on an interview drought for a while. it isn't from lack of trying. I've been trying to go for in person interviews, especially when it comes to interviewing British bands, b/c I'm worried I won't be able to understand something and can't quickly jump in for a clarification. (I'd love to say I have fully sussed English accents and understand everything an English musician says, but if the 18 hours to transcribe my marathon interview with FFires last year was any indication, I still have a ways to go.) and it's just so much more personal when you're there in the same room with them, being able to gauge their interest / disinterest by their body language.

however, I'm not complaining about something that happened to me last week.

in all the time I have been writing about music, I never thought I'd be asked to interview Yoko Ono.

apologies for it being a bit wooden, but that's what happens when you don't interview people in person...

my interview with Yoko Ono for PW

FYI I have updated all the important pages over at my Web site:

gigs list

interviews list

albums and EPs reviewed

No comments:

Post a Comment