09 December 2010

this week's Roundtable (09/12 ; best of 2010 - part 1)

Join Lammo as he welcomes comedian Jeremy Hardy, 1965 Record's James Endeacott and former Pipette Rose Elinor Dougall among others into the studio to chat about the best releases of the year.

1. the xx - 'VCR' - joint winner - still a great tune.

2. Chapel Club - 'Oh Maybe I' - a local DJ friend of mine says they are miles better than White Lies. hmmm...well, when they come back to America and do a proper tour, I'll be the judge of that.

3. Darwin Deez - 'Radar Detector' - the only thing I can say about this - besides it being catchy to the point of being annoying - is that I will always remember being stood in the stairwell of DC9 with James Cook of Delphic and having this conversation:

::song comes on as we're stood next to the doorman::
me: oh dear, I'm sure you know this song!
James: yes, it's Darwin Deez!

there you go. make of that what you will.

4. Tinie Tempah - 'Pass Out' - I don't like hip hop. blah. it's gotta have a melody. gotta have one.

5. Chemical Brothers - 'Swoon' - the only really decent song on 'Further'.

6. the Neat - 'In Youth is Pleasure' - joint winner - I don't know what is going on, maybe I have missed the punk revival...but I only like punk in small doses, and I have to be in the right mood to appreciate it. in a word - UGH.

7. Slow Club - 'Giving Up on Love' - fun stuff. so joyous. I hope to see them next year.

8. Paul Weller - 'Wake Up the Nation' - it's ok. it's Paul Weller. I think he's past it. sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment