10 December 2010

UnionTV interview

I sometimes get nervous before doing a band interview and think I've gone down horribly and have made an utter fool out of myself afterwards.

in those cases, I will turn to this interview on what NOT to say during one.

this man has got to be one of the most ridiculous people ever allowed to interview Delphic. I mean, come on. firstly, that's one noisome leopard print hat.

the description of this video on YouTube?

LUC VALVONA INTERVIEWS SINGING SENSATION DELPHIC, TOPED (sic) FOR BIG THINGS IN 2010 - DELPHIC TRIO ARE FRESH OUT OF MANCHESTER AND PRODUCE A SOUND THAT IS UNLIKE ANYTHING BEFORE CHECK THESE GUYS!

dude. stop shouting! and punctutation marks are your friend, my man. sheesh. (sorry. once an editor, always an editor.)

poor James. he looks like he desperately wants to disappear into that champagne glass. then he finds the hair on his left wrist v. interesting...he later gets back at the interviewer with a smart aleck comment that goes completely over Leopard Man's hatted head though.

when Rick tries to get a conversation going about seeing Kraftwerk at Bestival, the interviewer tries to puff himself up, saying "I saw Kraftwerk there too!" LOL

umm..."what is the inspiration for the videos?" uh, which one? there are several of them. they're not identical. d'oh. and the t-shirt giveaway...argh, spellcheck, please? (sorry, editor hat is always firmly on my head.) TBH even if I won that shirt, I'd never wear it. I'd look like a safety hazard walking around town in that orange!

also, asking a group of guys to swap the direction they have their legs crossed is just a little weird. this could have been an amazing 6 minutes - I mean, right before 'Acolyte' was released...!

that said, I am rather jealous of the people who saw the band this night. they got 'Sanctuary'!!! (as you will see from the bits of it and 'Counterpoint' interspersed in the interview, kind of annoying) ::whimper::

No comments:

Post a Comment