13 October 2009

somebody put on the Brakes! please!

christ, I haven't posted here in a really long time, it feels like. I've just gotten back from a trip to Cali and I feel like I haven't stopped moving since the middle of September when I had seen 4 gigs in 8 days. and I haven't gotten much sleep either!

I am still not done transcribing my interview with Marc Beatty and Eamon Hamilton of Brakes from the 5th of October. major accomplishment getting through about 2/3rds of the way through tonight. I just saw the Airborne Toxic Event at the 9:30 Club last night (the write-up to go live tomorrow at 2 PM GMT at TGTF), and last week I had the Fat Cat tour (including Brakes, We Were Promised Jetpacks and the Twilight Sad) and Bajofondo (electro tango group that was surprisingly v. good and v. dancey!) with the Phenomenal Handclap Band gig write-ups to worry about, so yeah, I've been a bit pressed for time!

but...before I sound like I'm whinging, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm supposed to be interviewing Eddie Argos of Art Brut on Sunday night but after I've got the interview with him and the gig write-up knocked out, I will be taking a break until the start of November. so yeah, you'll hear more from me soon enough :)

in the meantime, watch "Kiss of Life" and the whole Friendly Fires le poisson rouge gig taped by the nice people at Baeblemusic. trust me, it's lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment