25 June 2009

"this time baby, I'll be bulletproof."

I wish.

I went to the Nylon tour gig at the Rock 'n' Roll Hotel last night. despite leaving 5 songs into Patrick Wolf's set and being gutted about that - he started at 11.20 PM presumably according to this Twitter because he was being interviewed by Japanese journos in his comfy hotel room (?!?) and having a heart attack about not catching the train back out of town (I actually made the v. last train home, can you believe it?)...

...I am shattered.

somehow I managed to write about 1/2 of the review on the train ride back, but have to go through the photos and such and sort everything out. watch this space.


--

the punters are out in record numbers for Glasto. Steve Lamacq has already headed down there and has the kind of gig/interview/general schmoozing schedule you'd envy, if you weren't human and didn't actually need sleep. since I can't be there, I will be living it up remotely via the DC9 Glasto happy hour on Sunday early evening (17.00-20.00 Washington time, 22.00-. we're hoping that we'll catch Blur's closing set.

--

and for those who aren't at Glasto OR going to the Sunday DC9 happy hour, have a read at Friendly Fires's drummer Jack Savidge's earlier Tweets:

jackbsavidge I was always mesmirised by Tongo's Essential Mix intro. "Live from the world's BIGGEST TURNTABLES"
about 4 hours ago from UberTwitter

jackbsavidge You'll be free to tune into the Friendly Fires essential mix on Radio 1. You lucky people.
about 4 hours ago from UberTwitter

jackbsavidge Good news for people who hadn't planned to be juggling or playing the digeridoo at Glastonbury on saturday night between 3am and 5am.
about 4 hours ago from UberTwitter

Radio 1 Essential Mix - on air at 03.00-05.00 London time I believe in the wee hours of Saturday, which would mean 22.00-0.00 late Friday night for us on the East Coast. sorry, but I'll defo be sleeping! will have to catch this later on iPlayer...

--

oh yeah, and I just heard White Denim will be live on Marc Riley's show on 6music tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment