14 August 2010

songs I'm working on

no, sorry, this isn't a list of songs I've actually written, it's the songs I'm trying to master on bass.

Delphic
'Doubt' - it's hard for me to suss the rhythm on this, but I think I have it now.

'Submission' - I've got this pretty down pat. the first hurdle was getting the right rhythm, which I think I have, I just have to move my left hand quicker. now the quick progression from D-E on the D (third) string to F# on the E (first string) is driving me nuts!

'Counterpoint' - much easier than I thought. basically two notes (A# and F#) throughout the whole song except for the bridge.

'This Momentary' - this is really hard! until I started playing bass I hadn't realised it was the bass line that was the main groove underneath the track.

'Red Lights' - I was able to figure this out on my own quite easily - it's the same repeated 4 notes on the E (first) string all throughout the song. try it.

Friendly Fires
'On Board' - it's mostly one note. y'know, those thumps at the start.

'In the Hospital' - rough b/c it's fast but working on it.

the Temper Trap
'Fader' - difficult b/c I want to follow Lorenzo Silletto's screaming guitar solo

Two Door Cinema Club
Something Good Can Work (I've learned a way too simple version, will have to speak with Kev Baird about this b/c I don't think I have the bridge right)

songs I want to figure out on my own, b/c I can't find the tabs / the tabs are messed up
Delphic - 'Halcyon' - I *will* master the chorus, I will! have got to stop humming Matt Cocksedge's guitar solo first though...

Led Zeppelin - 'Whole Lotta Love' - this will be a work in progress for a long time, I bet. I remember years ago saying I'd learn guitar so I could play 'No Quarter', that never happened.

Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust' - I mean, you have to learn this one if you play bass, right? it's like the 'Stairway to Heaven' for bass players.

Two Door Cinema Club - 'Come Back Home', 'I Can Talk', 'What You Know'

No comments:

Post a Comment