Steve Lamacq is joined by Romeo from the Magic Numbers, Katie Sutherland of Pearl and the Puppets and Sam Duckworth (Get Cape Wear Cape Fly).
1. Grinderman - 'Heathen Child' - not really my thing but probably on the same wavelength as the Black Keys?
2. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - 'Beverly Kills' - how weird, it's kind of discoey, but also psychedelic. like MGMT if they went dance.
3. the Vaselines - 'Sex with an X' - Kurt Cobain liked this band???
4. Phosphorescent - 'the Mermaid Parade' - can I say I am sick of this American-made country sounding, Eagles / Beach Boys hybrid crap? it's a snooze. the '60s and '70s are over. get a life people!
5. Warpaint - 'Ashes to Ashes' (David Bowie cover) - a mate of mine saw them here in DC and thought they weren't so great. how disappointing. this has a throwback '60s psychedelic vibe which, again, seems v. stale to me at the moment.
6. Tricky - 'Murder Weapon' - it's ok. a bit boring, but not as boring and stale as the two previous.
7. Arcade Fire's new album - I like 'We Had to Wait'. I still don't get why everyone is so into them though. it's like the Fall. don't get it.
Eat Fast look ahead to playing Live At Leeds 2017
14 hours ago