26 August 2010

this week's Roundtable (26/08)

Chris Hawkins, Ben Holland (boffin in the chatroom!), and Ciaran Leonard (Ciaran something...I forget now but he was one of us devoted the first year we did the Wear Your Old Band T-Shirt to Work day in 2008 :)

1. Carl Barat - 'Run with the Boys' - really do not know what's going on here. it sounds weirdly cabaret? I expressed my confoundment on TGTF (read here)

wait wait he's working with Neil Hannon? no wonder this sounds kind of Divine Comedy-ish...

2. Zola Jesus - 'Sea Talk' - the winner - I could have sworn we've already reviewed this...?
ah but according to Lammo's staff, @theprintedword - It was Night last time (different track same vibe) #roundtable

crap, everyone loves this. I bet it wins :P

3. the Wombats - 'Tokyo (Vampires and Wolves)' - like this. I could see this as a grower. woohoo, synths done properly. don't know why everyone listening hates it so much.

4. Ben Folds and Nick Hornby – 'From Above' - more upbeat than usual Ben Folds. interesting premise as well (Ben Folds taking Hornby's words and putting them to song)

5. the Crookes - 'Backstreet Lovers' - just loveliness from Sheffield. need them over here!

6. Rokysopp - 'The Drug' - reviewed it for TGTF. good but not mindblowing.

7. Rose Elinor MacDougal's (former Pipette) debut album - er, no. not my thing. at all. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment