03 January 2012

day 03 - a song that makes you happy

Delphic - 'Halcyon'

this is actually not my favourite song on Delphic's debut 'Acolyte' (that honour goes to 'Submission'.) no, I chose this one because I remember hearing it for the first time and thinking, these guys are not half bad. Matt Cocksedge's guitar solo is what sealed the deal for me: this band had seemed to get the marriage of good rock and good dance together perfectly. a couple weeks later I would see the promo video at DC9, shortly before VV Brown performed for us. the video was breathtaking: the right amount of mystery and intrigue had me hooked.

months later I would see this band perform it live in all its glory at Roskilde. it's all very surreal that I can now count these fellows not just as heroes but actual mates. I have such a crazy yet amazing life.



No comments:

Post a Comment