05 January 2012

day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone

The Divine Comedy - 'Everybody Knows (Except You)'

This reminds me of my first time I fell in love. Offering up the Divine Comedy was one method of wooing by my first boyfriend. Worked too. Like a charm. I still love Neil Hannon, I think he's written some amazing songs and is criminally underrated.

It also reminds me of the last time I fell in love. The most painful way you can be in love is when you're so in love and you can't tell that other person how much you love him. Everyone else around you knows because you're walking around with stars in your eyes and you can't stop talking about him. But still...he has no idea.

So note to potential suitors: yes. The way to my heart? Woo me with the music you love and feel passionate about. Because chances are I will feel just as passionate as you are after you introduce it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment