07 January 2012

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event

Leona Lewis - 'Bleeding Love'

Last month I sang 'Bleeding Love' in the recording booth at the British Music Experience, a museum inside the O2 in London. I sang my heart out, with all the pain and regret I have been holding for the last year and a half pouring out of my body, thinking no-one was watching me. After I was done and took off my headphones, there was a group of schoolkids gathered and they cheered. If they only knew. I have been naturally drawn to songs about bleeding and bleeding hearts, as I have been dealing with the strange, often confounding side effects of a bleeding disorder. So when I say I'm "bleeding", I'm bleeding in two very different ways.

The American version of the video (below) is much MUCH better than the UK one, which doesn't make a whole load of sense to me and is visually boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment