16 December 2009

"trying to keep an eye on you" (sucky MOR format)

during my usual soul-sucking commute this morning, I heard "Losing My Religion" twice, on two different stations. mind you, I love R.E.M. and it's a great song. but do I really need to hear it twice within minutes of each other on different radio stations in the SAME radio market?

this is why the American middle of the road (MOR) radio format sucks.

perhaps we've got it worse in the D.C. area, which is choked by corporate-owned stations. thank god there are internet radio stations.

--

once in a while, they get it right. I was in a terrible mood leaving work yesterday - just dog tired and not willing to put up with any crap - and "Alone" by Heart came on the groanworthy-titled "Fresh 947 FM". never mind the stupid station name. it reminded me how great some songs of my past really are. and how wonderfully apt some lyrics are for specific time points in your life.

watch it. trust me, you'll thank me for it. I mean, what girl HASN'T felt like this MULTIPLE times in her life? well, I guess if you're the "go out and get 'im" type, this may not apply to you.



I hear the ticking of the clock
I'm lying here, the room's pitch dark
I wonder where you are tonight
no answer on the telephone
and the night goes by so very slow
oh I hope that it won't end though
alone

'till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you
and now it chills me to the bone
how do I get you alone
how do I get you alone

No comments:

Post a Comment