18 December 2009

ugh, Christmas covers, make them stop.

I wanted to be put out of my misery after hearing Florence Welch's cover of Wham!'s "Last Christmas" on Lammo's programme just now. UGH. I'll give her that she was performing it as part of some special xmas show thingy but still...really no need. her voice squeaks and I'm sorry, I just don't like the way she sounds. "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)" is a good choone for the disco but other than that, I can live without her really.

but this isn't the only offender this Christmas. there is also an acoustic version of "Don't They Know It's Christmas" (aka the Bob Geldof/Band-Aid 1984 Christmas charity single) this year being put out by Badly Drawn Boy. don't mess with thar classics. ever!

there's a Thea Gilmore xmas-themed song playing on Rad/Mac and Radio2 as well. but as seeing it's not a cover (I don't think?) I'll leave that one alone.

only one more week left. THANK GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment