03 March 2010

last week's Roundtable (25/02)

Thursday is Roundtable day. Join Lammo as he welcomes Felix White from the Maccabees, Radio 1's Bethan Elfyn and Bella Union Records boss and former Cocteau Twin Simon Raymonde into the studio to talk about the latest musical releases.

1. We Are Scientists - 'Rules Don't Stop' - loving it. so glad they are back. FYI they are back to their 3-piece, guitar/bass/drums configuration per their 'official' debut 'With Love and Squalor'. can't wait for 'Barbara' to be released.

2. Eliza Doolittle - 'Skinny Genes' - it starts up somewhat Nancy Sinatra 'Boots are Made for Walking'. totally unoriginal moniker BTW, it's almost as bad as Holly Golightly. man, this whistling is going to get *really* annoying this summer.

3. Titus Andronicus - 'Four Score and Seven (Part 2)' - funny, there's a song by the Delta Spirit that reminds me of this vibe. not wowed by this as I expected per their previous songs.

4. Stornoway - 'I Saw You Blink' - this has a v. Drums vibe, which is funny b/c the Drums were also reviewed on this edition of Roundtable. I'd even argue this actually sounds better than 'I Feel Stupid'.

5. Cypress Hill feat. Tom ? - 'Rise Up' - not my type of music. movin' on...

6. the Drums - 'Best Friend' - eh, it's ok. I can see why people are annoyed with them, haha!

7. Groove Armada's new album 'Black Light' including 'I Won't Kneel' and 'Paper Romance' - I feel terrible saying it but I think 'Paper Romance' is the best track on this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment