28 August 2009

what I'm doing with my weekend instead of Reading/Leeds

so every year around this time I get really upset b/c I'm not at V, I'm not at Reading/Leeds, and I'm not going to Bestival. and then the BBC upsets me b/c they've got videos galore and b/c I don't live in the UK, I can't watch any of them.

however, this year, I decided to make myself useful and not too upset by trawling the Web finding videos that I can actually watch and will tide me over until I can actually see some of the acts live for the first time or again.

interestingly, tonight I found that the BBC has removed the copyright restrictions for videos they've linked up to the Mercury Prize nominations. I'm linking them here so if you're interested in finding out about any of these acts before the gong gets awarded on 8 September (only 2 weeks away, can you believe it???) you can.

Bat for Lashes - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + "Daniel" performance on Later with Jools Holland

Florence and the Machine - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)" backstage at Glastonbury + "You've Got the Love" at Ibiza Rocks

Friendly Fires - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + balls-to-the-wall version of "Jump in the Pool" with Brazilian dancers and extra percussion at Radio1's Big Weekend (never thought I'd ever see this...)

Glasvegas - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + "Daddy's Gone" in Jo Whiley's Radio 1 Live Lounge

Kasabian - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + "Fire" at Glastonbury

La Roux - stripped down version of "Bulletproof"; I actually saw this at the Glasto happy hour at DC9 in June :)

Led Bib - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + clip of "Sweet Chilli"

Lisa Hannigan - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + "I Don't Know" performance on Later with Jools Holland

Speech Debelle - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + "Searching" backstage at Glastonbury

Sweet Billy Pilgrim - clip of "Truth Only Smiles"

The Horrors - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + video for "Who Can Say"

The Invisible - interview at Mercury Prize nomination party + video for "London Girl"

so if you can't be at Reading/Leeds and/or you're a poor sod like me who can't watch any of the BBC red button /iPlayer vids, that should keep you busy for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment