21 July 2010

Mercury Prize disappointment

I've had some more time to think about this whole Mercury Prize nomination thing and have come to the following conclusions:
  • Delphic and Two Door Cinema Club were glaring, glaring omissions.
  • I also expected Marina and the Diamonds and Jack Penate to receive nominations.
  • Mumford and Sons OR Laura Marling should have been nominated, not both. as cited by this Clash article, it's a little weird that dating front people should both be in the running.
  • Had I the choice to ditch one of the above two folkies, I would have swapped them with Fanfarlo.
  • the xx being nominated was a given. however, considering how massive they already are, they don't need to win. let's see album #2 first. I can't believe I'm saying this b/c 6 months ago I was a massive supporter of theirs but but I'm actually bored of them now.
  • Villagers / Conor O'Brien for the win!
Come out of the woodwork and comment!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment